Evil Triumphs!

by Nathan Hamm on 3/29/2005 · 6 comments

Must… resist… gloating

So… difficult…

Via Tom Palmer

For background, see here, here, and here. Because I’m resisting my strong desire to comment further, see this comment.

Even if it’s a small gesture, I applaud the admission.

Sepra March 29, 2005 at 11:53 pm

But then he goes on to keep writing another article (not much more than 2 hours later)about how Akayev was akin to Jefferson, and all the protesters are US pawns, la la la.

It’s almost like he had to cover his last post up with more vitriol.

как глупый!

Justin Raimondo March 30, 2005 at 12:26 am

I realize English may not be your native language, Sepra, but the article you refer to cites Strobe Talbott as making the statement about Akaev as a “Jeffersonian democrat,” but I’m not exactly agreeing with him. This is plain as day from the context. If “vitriol” means citing two articles from the New York Times — both of which I found via Registan, by the way — then I plead guilty as charged.

Sepra March 30, 2005 at 1:17 am

I simply disagree with your assesment of Kyrgyzstan and Akayev as a democratic leader. And I didn’t think it was clear as day that you disagreed with him.

Reading it again, it still looks opaque.

And I meant vitriol in that your acidity level of protesters is still pretty high. And it seems to wash away what you said in an earlier post.

I’m sorry if you got offended by my comment, but my opinion still stands. As, I suppose, so does yours.

Curzon March 30, 2005 at 1:30 am

The whole antiwar crowd are a bunch of bozos with precious little unified belief (Kyrgystan is a success! A failure!) except that whatever is going wrong, it’s Amerikkka’s fault. In other words, it’s not a political ideology but a psychosis of self-loathing.

Justin also made a poke at Kaplan and linked to us… poor readers must have been shocked at what they read at our blog.

Justin Raimondo March 30, 2005 at 1:46 am

I doubt our readers would be “shocked” by a different opinion, Curzon. And we don’t need “unified beliefs” — just a healthy skepticism of the policies of our government. If that is good in Kyrgyzstan, then it’s good in America, too.

Sepra, I would advise you to go back and re-read: I was clearly mocking Talbott.

Tom G. Palmer March 30, 2005 at 2:06 pm

Poor Justin Raimondo. He lied, denied it, and then admitted that he lied; he said he would not make excuses, then tells us he’s been very sick; gets caught lying, and then is off and running again, as if nothing had happened. He really ought to slink back into his little Orc hole and lick his wounds for a while. His hysterical ravings have no credibility at all, other than as indications of his own excitable mental state.