In case you haven’t noticed…

by Nathan Hamm on 8/3/2005 · 6 comments

So, I’ve quite obviously been around for the last few days. I’m now in beautiful, sunny, and not-at-all humid Roseburg, Oregon. Not quite Seattle… So, expect me to drop in and out quite a bit for a while yet as I try to find a roof and four walls up north.

All of the co-contributors did and continue to do a superb job adding to the site, so if I do have extended absences again in the near future, they’ll keep the place warm.

If you’re into that kind of thing, I’ve got a bunch of photos from the drive west here.

Katy August 3, 2005 at 3:51 pm

congrats on the move!

upyernoz August 3, 2005 at 7:37 pm

congrats on the move. it’s good to have you posting again

i guess i screwed up my chances of meeting you in real life. i really was serious about buying you a drink. i just never got around to it. oh well. best of luck in your post-philly life!

JP August 3, 2005 at 8:53 pm

glad you are back

Robert August 4, 2005 at 2:11 am

Wait, I’d heard you were kidnapped by the FSB, and that they were hiding you somewhere in Siberia where Chinese mercenaries were regularly applying nipple torture. Not that you don’t like that!

Sara August 4, 2005 at 12:08 pm

Oh, no, he had been kidnapped by the SNB, but that was a long time ago.

Well, I’ll miss hanging with you! But it will be interesting to see the site grow as you go more into the Central Asian studies thing.

Glad you’re at least back here.

Mark Hamm August 4, 2005 at 12:57 pm

The torture was much worse. He had to listen to his dad talk from Philly to Adel. We did listen to the radio a bit through Utah though.