Uzbek Communities in the US

by Nathan Hamm on 11/22/2005 · 74 comments

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what cities/states have Uzbek communities?

All I can really think of is the one I’ve heard of in New York. One might also be tempted to say kind of, maybe Philadelphia. (After all, it has a restaurant, and I’ve seen Uzbeks speaking Uzbek in it.)

Immediate Update: While we’re at it, does anyone know of someone in New York who might be able to do some Uzbek-English translation? If so, could you give me their contact info or have them contact me.

– author of 2992 posts on Registan.net.

Jonathan June 18, 2006 at 10:49 pm

Any Uzbeks living in the Salt Lake City area?

Erik June 21, 2006 at 7:01 am

TO Norman ( who’s going to visit UZB in coming fall)

If you’ll have some problems during your visit in UZB or you’ll need some info or simple advice,
just contact with me , I’d like to help you in any situations, as possible.
if you have some questions about uzbek culture or language, you can ask me anytime.

from local man.
erik193@bk.ru

Guli June 22, 2006 at 10:35 pm

Hi there!

Is there any Uzbek family living in Central Florida preferably east coast?

O’zbek tilida gaplashishni so’gindik.

Tank you in advance.

Guli

Sherzod June 23, 2006 at 12:07 pm

Salom Hammaga,

Here is me, an Uzbek currently living in DC area. Feel free to contact me via skuchkarov1972@gmail.com Will be glad to add you into my contacts’ list.

Sardor.

Dr.Bella Eugenia Oster July 16, 2006 at 4:20 pm

My name is Dr.Bella Eugenia Oster. I’m from Uzbekistan(Tashkent)-Professor of piano performans, owner of EUROPEAN ACADEMY of MUSIC ARTS in Silver Spring, Mariland. I looking for NEW UZBEK FRIENDS in eria of Virginia, Washington DC, Maryland, New-York to invite to attend large number of piano conserts of my students in various Embassies in Washington DC and in Carnegie Hall(in Yew-York- November19\2006 for Jeffrey Ly,11years old- child prodegy performance).Olso,my Music Shool exept New students. Please call-(301)362-3633 or (301)421-0960, or send E-mail: alexoster@comcast.net

Laziz August 28, 2006 at 10:22 am

Salom hammaga NYda,Manhattan,NJda uzbeklarni qidirib yuribman,yordam bervorila,rahmat

elik September 1, 2006 at 11:07 am

Hi all of you I’m From Tashkent. I ned for some help.I want to know how can I to get To America, easy ways. I’m 25, and I know english, uzbek and russian. Thanks for all.

Nilu September 24, 2006 at 3:48 pm

There is a Uzbek-Russian community in Brighton Beach, Brooklyn, New York. I am Uzbek, and I used to live there so I know there a couple of Uzbeks there. For those people who are looking for Uzbek restaurants in NY, I would try somewhere near Brighton.

ex-detective September 24, 2006 at 11:48 pm

hey, it is great that all of you kinda care of uzbeki guys or at least places to go in USA, thanx in advance for being kind to almost “massacred” both morally and financially people of uzbekistan…….

gunshot September 25, 2006 at 2:36 am

God bless Uzbeks in America!!!

Dalwens December 21, 2006 at 9:02 pm

Salom. Bu joyga habar qoldiradiganlani deyarli hammalarila uzbek busela kere. A nega bumasa uzbecha gaplashmisila?
Yo biror sababi bomi?

Mansur December 26, 2006 at 9:50 pm

Assalamu alaykum. I am single. I live in DC area. I am looking for a nice uzbek girl from Tashkent preferably for marriage. Does any of you know new uzbek families residing in US who would like to marry their daughter. Preferably practising muslim families.
Thank you.

I can be reached at smansurus@gmail.com

MingYi January 1, 2007 at 11:53 am

Salom qalesan, are there any ozbek community in Toronto??? If you know then please tell me. thank you very much…

rahmat…

kudo sani yaxshi koradi…kudo oz panoxida asrasin…

MingYi January 1, 2007 at 11:54 am

rahmat…

kudo sani yaxshi koradi…kudo oz panoxida asrasin…!

Jon January 2, 2007 at 12:24 pm

Hello everybody. There is a big Uzbek Community here in Orlando, FL. May be there will be a new Uzbek restaurant opened in this area. You can contact me at: jonal_dk@yahoo.com

Lupen January 18, 2007 at 3:47 pm

Hey wassup guys/girls? I’ve been visiting Seattle this last fall and came accross a cafe called “Ferghana” in the East side of the city. Unfortunately, it was closed and I was wondering if anyone had heard about it? I forgot the name of the intersection where it is located, but I saw it.

Islam February 6, 2007 at 2:31 pm

Privet Vsem Tashkentcam!!!
Est li kto iz vas v Allentow, Pa????
esli da, to dayte znat!!! moy e-mail:
islam1781@yahoo.com

leti February 17, 2007 at 7:33 am

Assalomu aleykum please can some tell me if in florida they have a restaurant Uzbek and i planned a trip to New York can anyone tell me nice Uzbek restaurant and hotel near restaurant . I interested uzbek language and culture

sherzod February 20, 2007 at 8:32 am

hello guys..
does anyone know if there is any uzbeks in arkansas area ?? i would be really glad if u you could write me back about it …
please write to this e-mail : sherkaodilov@yahoo.com

Anees Ahmed March 3, 2007 at 9:10 am

I am looking a girl of age 25 to 30 for marriage. I am from Pakistan and currently in Tashkent and will move soon to Pakistan. My cell in Pakistan is 0092-300-5001012. So interested girls can contact with me on this number. I am business man and currently stay in Sheraton Hotel Room # 1504. I will be interested to settle in Tashkent for business.

Hope reply soon.

Ahmed

Anees Ahmed March 3, 2007 at 9:13 am

I will be stay in Tashkent in Sheraton Hotel till 5th March 2007 and will move to islamabad on 5th march night. So interested girls can contact with me in my hotel.

Thanks,

Ahmed

Rovshan March 12, 2007 at 1:13 pm

there is a lot of restaurants in nyc, particular in fiv boroughs of new york city…
most of them in Brooklyn and Queens, in brooklyn u can find so mny many many uzbek restaurants, i can give u a detail information about them…
1. “Vostochniy pir” address Brooklyn, brighton beach neighborhood, cross streets, Coney Island ave and Brighton beach avenue
2. “Qashqar” brooklyn, brighton beach avenue and cross streets brighton 13th street
3. “Samarkand” brooklyn, macdonald avenue and kings highway
4. “Vecherniy Tashkent”, “Aziya”, “Caravan”, and much more more, if u have any question give me a call 347 576 3364

Brian March 12, 2007 at 1:36 pm

I wonder if Anees had any luck.

Feruza March 23, 2007 at 10:43 am

Salom khammaga! Mening ismim Feruza. Chicagoga kelganimga 2 yilcha buldi. Uzimizning uzbelkarimiz bilan tanishmoqchi edim. Birorta menga ukhshab adashib qolgan uzbek Chicagoda bormi? firuza_s@hotmail.com. ezinglar. Khammaga katta rakhmat! Feruza.