Setora – Jon Jon

by Nathan Hamm on 4/6/2006 · 10 comments

This song, from what I gather, is about three girls rasining their pet monkey into the man of their dreams.

By the by, I’ve found an absurd number of Central Asian music videos and band links lately. In fact, I think there’s enough to entirely change the direction of the blog were I so inclined. Coming soon… Yakut hip-hop.

Jamie Hollis April 6, 2006 at 1:42 pm

heh… When I lived in Kyrgyzstan they had their own music video station called, you guessed it, MTV. Always bizarre.

Al April 6, 2006 at 4:16 pm

Although this is a shameful piece of uzbek music, it gave me a laugh – there is a lot of irony in this very lyrical sounding song.

Nathan April 6, 2006 at 4:22 pm

Most pop is pretty shameful. But the important thing about this video is that it has a monkey.

Nathan April 6, 2006 at 4:25 pm

By the way, I reserve a special malice for Setora. The shashlik place outside of one of my apartments played their stuff too loud all the time. At least it was like clockwork and alerted me to when they opened.

Brejen April 9, 2006 at 12:17 am

Nathan, how many apts did you have?

Nathan April 9, 2006 at 9:53 am

I lived in three different apartments in Navoiy.

Djana April 19, 2006 at 12:48 pm

Setora Rules!!! ๐Ÿ˜›

Thanks to you Nathan, I am hooked now on Uzbek music videos. My favorite one is Shohruh, who sings Uzbek Hip Hop. ๐Ÿ™‚

Nathan April 19, 2006 at 12:49 pm

I’m glad to help ๐Ÿ™‚

Expect to see more of this stuff from time to time.

Karma June 16, 2006 at 7:46 am

I don’t understand what is shameful in this music video? Looks like pretty normal, was shot on an average level counted on domestic fans. Guess not bad for the developing country. Moreover, there are not all clips must be with dancing dark guys and girls who are shaking their boobs and boots in front of the camera, and constantly repeat: yeah, yeah, come on baby, put your hands in the airโ€ฆ Ladies and Gents please be careful with ur own opinia and thing about one more time before post something SMART!

beto September 26, 2006 at 9:56 pm

i first heard of setora in 2001 a friend showed me a tape.
i really liked it i just can not find that music here in florida
u.s.a. if anybody can help let me know