Give Thanks

by Joshua Foust on 11/27/2008 · 6 comments

I don’t know how to write a Thanksgiving post that isn’t trite, kind of generic, and probably annoying, so let’s keep it to: Happy Thanksgiving. I for one am thankful for the incredibly smart (and mostly nice!) people I have met through here—just as I am thankful to Nathan for starting it in the first place. We have a wonderful thing here, and I am truly grateful Registan.net is around.

Shohmurod November 27, 2008 at 10:42 pm

Thank you Nathan, Joshua and Michael for your thoughtful posts. I read Registan regularly and have learned much from it.

There have been a bunch of articles on former Soviet republics in the news recently worthy of discussion but not covered here. I do wish I could read more discussions on them and not just Afghanistan.

Thanks again for all your efforts.

Tina November 28, 2008 at 4:40 am

Happy Thanksgiving Registan, I too am happy you are around.

Turgai Sangar November 28, 2008 at 9:02 am

Yes I’m also happy with your efforts on covering Turkistan, Tajikistan as well as the Pak-Afg knot and with you sincere interest in the region. Too bad New Eurasia has become dull and trivial.

Mark November 29, 2008 at 2:04 pm

I agree with Shohmurod…the Afghanistan information and analysis is top-notch but a wider variety of news and posts on the rest of Central Asia would be most welcome.

That said, big thanks to the Registan writers and especially Josh for generating so much content.

Joshua Foust November 30, 2008 at 10:22 am

Hey guys, thank you! I’m sorry I don’t write much about Turkestan these days, but I mean… there’s not a whole lot going on I feel like I could write something about.

Let me extend an open invitation to anyone who would like to write a post about this, to just email me (contact info on my about page) and I’ll post is immediately. We’re not about silencing voices here, and if anyone thinks they can contribute… well, just ask!

Ben November 30, 2008 at 7:38 pm

Happy Thanksgiving Registan!

And Turgai Sangar – admittedly things have been a little calm over at neweurasia recently. We hope to get things up to speed again by the end of the year, perhaps we can then also fight the triviality and dullness you bemoan!