Tajikistan News and Blogs

by Christian Bleuer on 5/3/2010 · 11 comments

Hi everybody,

I’m building an online research portal for Tajikistan. It’s sure to bring me fame, money and widespread international praise, I’m sure. At the moment it’s about one-third finished. But I’m not too sure I have a full idea of all the blogs and news websites available.

Could those of you in the know check out the lists of Tajikistan-related blogs and news and fill me in on what I may be missing?

Bobojon urges you to share your knowledge:

Feel free to just paste a link below. I can read Tajiki and Russian so no need for any lengthy descriptions. If you don’t want to post a comment here, you can find an email for me at this link.

– Christian

I am currently a PhD candidate at the Australian National University.

Cecile May 4, 2010 at 1:17 am

Here are 2 other links of blogs I follow:

Thanks for your great work !

raduz May 4, 2010 at 9:53 am

adb.org- one of the most useful source of economical statistics in CA
dw-world.de- на российском языке
ng.ru/cis- nazavisimaya gazeta
osce.org
eurasica.ru- history and genealogy in russian

legal support Ukraine May 6, 2010 at 9:41 am

And why are you doing such a site? Where do you live yourself.

Christian May 6, 2010 at 10:07 pm

Cecile and Raduz, thanks for the links!

LSU, I’m building the website because I’m interested in the history and politics of Tajikistan, and I’m writing my PhD dissertation on the country. Building this website is as much about organizing information for myself as it is for others.

Tajik May 8, 2010 at 12:20 am

What period of the history of Tajikistan are you interested in?

Good luck with your PhD

Christian May 8, 2010 at 12:26 am

Thanks. I’m most interested in the Soviet and post-Soviet time periods.

Tajik May 8, 2010 at 1:13 am

You may find tons of materials on the Soviet period readily accessible. For post-soviet-civil war period I’d recommend you a book by late Safarali Kenjaev “Tabadulot” in Tajik language. It will definitely spice up your materials. I’m not sure if you can find it in russian.

Christian May 8, 2010 at 4:33 am

I have the book (in Tajiki). But you’re right. Most copies are in Russian.

legal support Ukraine May 7, 2010 at 7:01 am

Now everything is clear. successful work and dissertation

Grant May 8, 2010 at 6:25 am

Sadly on recent news for Tajikistan I’m not sure. If you’re looking for books however, Sasha Lezhnev had a short one on warlords with a chapter on Tajikistan that looked interesting.

Rob Kevlihan May 14, 2010 at 5:43 am

The website looks great Christian; I have a few suggested additions on the dissertations and theses section that might be of interest –

Martin, Jay. 2002. “Can magic bullets hurt you? NGOs and governance in a globalised social welfare world: a case study of Tajikistan.” Canberra, Australia: Australian National University [Available online]

Collins, Kathleen. 1999. Clans, Pacts and Politics: Understanding Regime Transition in Central Asia, Department of Political Science, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA.

Walicki, Nadine. 2006. Tajikistan Unravelled: The State Resettlement of Citizens. MA, Department of European and Russian studies, Graduate School of Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario.