Going to Pakistan

by UmairJ on 3/14/2011 · 9 comments

So I’m going to be going to Pakistan Insh’Allah on March 15th (tomorrow) and will be there for three weeks.

During my trip I hope to visit Swat and if I can get there, I’ll make sure to document my activities and also the situation in the area. With rumours going around that the military will be sending troops back into NW it will be interesting to speak to natives about their experiences with the TTP and Pakistan Taliban.

Any other ideas you got for me, throw em around in the comment section. OH yeah! I’ll regularly post pictures on my twitter account as well, so make sure to check that out too(@iizmu).

– author of 22 posts on Registan.net.

Undergrad in Political Science and History. Main area of interest include, Kashmir, Pakistan and Islam and contemporary Middle East in general.

Grant March 14, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Maybe the local experience with the government? Hope everything goes well.

Pepe El Fuego March 14, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Free Raymond Davis while youre over there–by any means, with extreme prejudice!

anan March 14, 2011 at 10:02 pm

What is really needed to solve the Raymond Davis situation are two universally respected neutral international arbitrator to mediate a solution that is fair to all parties. I nominate Israeli foreign minister Avigdor Lieberman and Mumia Abu-Jamal.

Pepe El Fuego March 14, 2011 at 11:23 pm

The USA does NOT negotiate with nose pickin’ retards.

Pepe El Fuego March 14, 2011 at 11:27 pm

By virtue of all the billions we’ve gifted to your country, WE own Pakistan. Remember this very important point.

TLW March 15, 2011 at 11:38 am

Eh; does the concept of “Take the money and run”, sound familiar? Please take Ray Ray off our hands. =)

传奇私服 March 15, 2011 at 5:05 am

Nice post. I learn one thing more difficult on different blogs everyday. It should at all times be stimulating to read content material from different writers and follow just a little something from their store. I’d favor to use some with the content material on my blog whether or not you don’t mind. Natually I’ll provide you with a hyperlink in your net blog. Thanks for sharing.

TLW March 15, 2011 at 11:39 am

UmairJ, Balochistan sounds like a good idea. And maybe Zhob, Bannu and Tank, the districts near the Waziristans.

RScott March 15, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Check on the several hundred (at least) men who went across the border from Swat to help fight our “foreign invasion” of Afghanistan that took out the Taliban government, and whose relatives later went to find them in (northern alliance) prison camps that would release them for payment of a few hundred dollars, all of which never made it into our media.