Editorial & Moderation Policy
Content provided by Registan contributors is typically published without prior editorial oversight or coordination. Editors may edit content prior to or following publication for formatting and readability, but contributors’ content is rarely edited for content or tone.
Registan encourages and appreciates comments on and discussions about the content it publishes. Our goal is for conversations to be constructive and informative. So, while speech is free, Registan is moderated. While it is impossible to provide black and white rules covering conduct in all cases, the following are the kinds of comments that help increase the quality of discussion:
- More information on the subject of the article. If you know more about something we post, please share it with us!
- New developments about the subject of a post.
- Opinions that move debate forward. Please disagree with us and other commenters, but please keep it respectful.
- Corrections. Let us know when we make mistakes so we can fix them!
Here’s some of the bad, in regard to comments, that we’ll note for the record:
- Racist, sexist, homophobic, otherwise offensive, inappropriate, or plain annoying comments may be deleted.
- Spam = ban.
- If your comments are consistently hostile or insulting, you may be banned.
- Comments impersonating other users or well-known individuals will be deleted.
- Don’t insult, bully, threaten, or harass our writers or your fellow commenters. Such comments will likely be deleted.
- Please stay on topic
- Please don’t make passive-aggressive or otherwise tiresome, generalized accusations that authors or fellow commenters are being paid to state particular opinions unless you can back it up with strong evidence.
- Our moderators and our anti-spam system make mistakes. If you believe your comment has been deleted in error, please let us know.